Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies
Host a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony!
Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies are a great way to spread the word to the public that your business has opened. It is also an effective way to get local dignitaries, chamber members, press, etc. in your door to see what your business has to offer. The Mokena Chamber of Commerce will provide the ribbon, scissors, plaque, and even make sure the Mokena Chamber Board of Directors, the Village Officials, the Press, and your fellow Chamber Members have been invited. If you would like to hold a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony, please contact the Chamber office at 708-479-2468.
Tips for Making the Most of Your Ribbon Cutting or Grand Opening
Your ribbon cutting or grand opening can be a very effective tool to help get your business up and running.
Here are a few tips to help make your ribbon cutting a success:
- Timing is everything. Not only is the date and time of your event important, but also getting notification out about it. The Chamber requests at least two weeks to ensure that all the appropriate parties can be notified about your event. Most news outlets need two to four weeks notification to run your story in their publication.
- Reach out and share. Invite friends, family, former colleagues, fellow Chamber members, nearby businesses, etc. The Mokena Chamber of Commerce staff will notify the Village Trustees and the press on your behalf, but feel free to reach out to them as well. A personal invitation from the owner is always a nice touch.
- Use local community calendars. Post your event on area community calendars such as The Mokena Messenger website, Patch.com, TribLocal Mokena, The Mokena Town Planner website, etc.
- Create a flyer. Hand it out to friends, family, current customers and businesses. Ask businesses near you to display a stack of flyers for your event.
- Have fun. Your ribbon cutting/grand opening will be the first time most people enter your business. Consider door prizes, giveaways, discounts on products and services, or offer items that will encourage your guests to become customers. You may want to hire a caterer or DJ to make the event more festive.
Keep you eye out for the next Chamber Ribbon Cutting We have many new businesses coming to Mokena.